Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Herecital?

Why is it that having a strong sense of faith is taken as overly passive? Why is it that not knowing exactly what my ministry will look like in 5 years a horrible thing? Why is that because I am "very young" and haven't had as much experience in actual church ministry a sign that I can't be a minister in several years after having a seminary education? Why is it that because I am a "late bloomer" I am immature? Why is it that a person who doesn't even know me can judge who I am in 8 hours and think they really have an insight into my capabities? Why is it that instead of seeking for ways that I can do ministry now, with the gifts I have and am developing, I am told about how my weakness are seemingly overpowering? Why is that people don't trust that God provides the gifts we need when we need them? Why is a divine calling so important if you have to go through humans to pursue it? Why are more and more people leaving main line denominations? Maybe so they don't have to put up with this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home