Sunday, December 05, 2004

Weekend update

This weekend has been so great! The coffee house on Friday night showed some amazing talent through Gospel singing, poetry, harp, and guitar playing. It was such a blessing to hear everyone's talents and to get to know a part of the person through their poetry, song lyrics, and songs chosen to share with us. I ended up playing a 25 to 30 min set! This was the longest I have played guitar and sang for people with my original songs as the focus. It was a pretty amazing experience. It's hard to know how people will receive your songs, but I feel really blessed by the response. I also played at the Princetorican Cafe last night for about 10 minutes. That was one of the coolest coffee house set ups. They started with salsa dancing and then had the first set, then more salsa dancing, then the second set. Again, more amazing talent. More Gospel singing, more poetry--some in Spanish as well as English, and techno with Biblical references thanks to Nick Hladek. Excellente. Fun times for all. I love this place.

And, I heard a rumor that someone on 2nd floor Brown likes pink so much he docorated his room in pink for his birthday...

Yeah to a fun weekend. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home