Saturday, November 27, 2004

Thanksgiving Dinner and Parade

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Wednesday there was a group of about 15 of us that gathered in Alex basement for a pot luck style Thanksgiving dinner. I made pecan pie that didn't have enough time to cool before being eaten so it was kinda scooped out of the pan... The second one that no one touched however is now perfect, if I may say so myself. The food was amazing and the fellowship time was so fun. And the wine was excellent as well. I ended up taking a left over bottle of Love My Goat Red Wine back with me. Rumor has it Boswell brought it. I love it, and I'm not much of a wine person. I'll drink it when other people are, but most of the time it's too sweet or too something else that I don't like... But this wine is really good. It's from New York and it has a great label also--"They have my name & heritage, but they didn't get my goat!" Sounds personal. I would like to visit this vineyard sometime.

Thursday 5 of us took the 6:11 am train for the city to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was a fun day. I was talking to Boswell a few days before and he said he was also going with some people and that maybe we would see other. I had the suspicion he was being flippant--as if in a million people who are at the parade we would run into each other. So, imagine the smugness of hearing through the crowd a voice saying, "Mary!" and to turn to my right and see none other than Boswell and his crew. What was that Kevin? Although they probably had a much better view than we did it was still fun to see the balloons and hear the bands and see the tops of the floats, watch the Crocodile Hunter on his float, see Santa waving frantically, listening to the kids laugh and be happy about various floats, seeing a group of kids sitting on top of phone booths watching the parade, being in the city with 2 million people. And then we walked for 2 hours to Greenwich for some food at a cute Thai place called Wild Ginger and took the subway back to our train. It was a fun day and I can't wait till I can post some pictures for you guys. Till then, NBC was walking around taking some so people could order them if they wanted to. Christi went inside the Europa Cafe for a while so it's just Nichole, Angela, Katy, and I in the picture.

For any PTS people who are around and read this before 6:45 pm we are gathering to watch a movie and getting pizza at a friend's apartment this evening. Send me an e-mail or something to let me know.-->sorry for no time warning...I tried posting this around lunch but it wouldn't work...

1 Comments:

At 28/11/04 9:13 PM, Blogger Mary said...

apparently you need to enter in this information to view the pictures...

it's NBCpix.com and then enter parade14 and then go to page 5 and find me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home