Monday, November 29, 2004

"Our lives are fractions of a whole"

My friend Katie from college and the Sigmas points out this song with great lyrics. An excerpt:

"So I dressed myself and left then
Out into the gray streets
But everything seemed different
And completely new to me
The sky the trees, houses, buildings, even my own body
And each person I encountered
I couldn't wait to meet...

So that's how I learned the lesson
That everyone's alone
And your eyes must do some raining
If you're ever gonna grow"

This transition from college to seminary and from Texas to New Jersey has been rough. For a while I didn't even want to meet people any more. The new people that came after the summer group brought back uncertianties that I was beginning to loose with the people who were already here. I had to relive the introductions and I hated that. I didn't want to start over yet again. Definatley some tears and hard times, wondering why in the world I am even here. But one day I realized that I wasn't the only one who felt alone and that there were people here who could help me. And then I realized that perhaps I could even help them. And life has become much better.

We're in such an amazingly close community that sometimes it may feel like we're being sufficated under the constant watching eyes of people who don't miss a thing. Yet, we're here to grow and be in fellowship with one another. So, why do I still find it hard sometimes? Why do I let the blog world communiate to the people on this campus that I never really talk to in person? If they even read this blog. I guess I wouldn't know eh, since I merely read their blogs and wonder if they read mine. Trapped in the can't wait yet dragged back into the house of protection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home