Tuesday, April 12, 2005

New Jersey Marathon

Sunday April 17th, 8am.

In case you're wondering, I'm not actually running this marathon. Heck no!

Michael Gross is however, and I think there are other PTS people running it as well (or at least doing other marathons or half-marathons this weekend). I have been considering running a few miles with him and found out that Eric and Matt are (tentatively) planning on doing this as well. I think we decided to jump in on mile 23 and run the last 3 miles with him.

I'm excited about this idea, yet also hesitant. Sure, slowly I'm getting back into my running, but I'm not at a point where I can run 3 miles straight. Running with people would probably encourage me not to stop, but I just picture myself 10 times more tired from running 3 miles than Mike is from running 26 miles... Perhaps I underestimate myself though. ?

As Eric put it today, I haven't run in a long time, but I figure if I can't keep up with Mike for 3 miles when he's already ran 23 there's something wrong.

Hummm...I'm afraid I'll be that sad case.

Props to all those running in the Marathon on Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home