Saturday, October 23, 2004

How Naked a Public Square?

Let me just tell you how much I love living in a place where I can attended lectures by very influencial people. There was a two day conference at the University called "How Naked a Public Square?: Reconsidering the Role of Religion in American Public Life" which was based on the book The Naked Public Square: Religion and Democracy in America by Richard John Neuhaus. It is the 20th anniversary of this publication and as the people in the discussions I attended made clear, it is still relevant today.

There were sessions on Friday as well as today, but I did not find out about this conference until last night. It seems like something I would have attened all the sessions for, especially since I have no Friday classes...I definately could have pulled it off. Alas, my one day will have to do. If you want to read about the sessions and my thoughts on them I will be posting them shortly. I am hoping that I can use some of the information in my Church, Community, and Nation paper that I have due after reading week. It seems only appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home