Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Sunday

For some reason it doesn't really feel like Easter today. Maybe because I am not used to no sun, cold weather Easter Sundays. Maybe it's being so far from my family. Even if today wasn't as Easterish as usual, at least I have good friends here that will dye Easter Eggs and plan a Easter Egg Hunt around campus for the days prior to Easter. I won. I found 7 eggs.

We proceeded to hide several eggs in the backyard of our President Dr. Torrance. We told him of course and they were in pretty obvious places. Once again I would love to post a picture, but you must wait until they are sent to me. He seemed amused. This is not the first time students have done such things. I've heard of students walking to his front door to give him something from a gathering, invite him to dinner in Alex basement, or to drinks in someone's room by way of a paper sign while standing on a bench in front of his office. Ahh, yes...he must be amused.

As much as it doesn't feel like Easter today, it is good to be reminded that it is. Check out Adam's blog for thoughts on Easter and head over to a site he mentions in reference to Easter at The Ring of Brodgar. I remember walking around the Ring of Brodgar and can only imagine how great an Easter morning there would be. Maybe next year I should try an early Easter service--even if it's only at the University Chapel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home