Friday, April 15, 2005

Concerning said Marathon

There is so much I want to post now, it's ridiculous.

First of all, I want to make a comment on the marathon on Sunday. I've been working my way up on running this week. After I posted on Tuesday and then went on my run, I about died and wanted to change my mind. I'd already posted and told Mike I was running though. Thursday I approached the running a bit different than I have in the past. I had let myself fall into the bad and nasty habit of running for about 15 mins. and then stopping. Then run/walking the rest of the way. I realized that this wasn't going to get me through the last 3 miles on Sunday at any respectable pace, therefore I made myself run double the time I usually do without a stop. Even when I did stop it was a min. stop and then when I started running again and ran the rest of the way...it didn't hurt and was rather enjoyable.

I figured that I would run today, take tomorrow off, and then I'd be ready for Sunday. I was rather impressed with myself today because I did the route I ran on Thurs without stopping the whole way. A good 40 mins. I think. If you're a runner and think that a 3 mile day is a lazy day, then I don't want to hear it. :) I might have even exceeded 3 miles, which would be awesome.

As I told Michael today, "I'm ready for Sunday!" Let's just pray that his end of the marathon crawling pace does not equal my trying as hard as I can and yet still falling behind pace... Don't worry, I'd tell you if it was...and laugh at myself, so you could laugh also. It's more so about the idea than anything else. And, giving myself a little challenge in support of his challenge.

I'll post the second thing in a different window so as not to intimidate readers with long and rambling posts...which I have been known to do from time to time... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home