Thursday, April 21, 2005

Machete Season: The Killers in Rwanda Speak

I was going to wait and post on the book Machete Season: The Killers in Rwanda Speak once classes ended and I had time to start reading it. However, with people arriving at my blog with phrases such as Hotel Rwanda "where was God" that bring them to this previous post, I thought I would mention the book before having read it.

A while back I happened to overhear a guy who works in a local coffe shop mention getting a book from the free box in one of the local bookstores. I thought I'd check it out. I ended up finding an uncorrected proof of Machete Season and picked it up. When this book is published (June 2005) it will be the first English edition. The French edition was originally published in 2003.

A book that does not shrink away from the realities of the 1994 massacre which turned friend and neighbor against one another, should be a challenging read. Watch for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home