Thursday, May 26, 2005

Don't change your bookmarks so fast

I'm still not sure about the switch over so don't go and change all your links and such. I guess I just don't know how much blogging is really worth to me. 10 dollers a month, 15 dollers a month, free... What am I really promoting here anyway? Blogging is one of those things that I enjoy doing, so, I put a lot of effort into posts. Yet, no one leaves comments so it's as if I'm rambling off into thin air. OK, so maybe there are 2 people who comment. 1 almost regularly and the other changes from whoever happens upon the blog in a given week. Would anyone really care if I suddenly stopped posting? No, I'm not going to write this elaborate post about how blogging has taken over my life and inhibited real conversations. I'm not going to tell you that I suddenly don't see the value in blogging and that I am quiting it forever--erasing my site and past site. I'm not going to reinstate my political posts just for the sake of comments either. And, no, I'm not going to claim to do something so outrageous as put dreadlocks in my hair either. Although, sometimes that seems to be the only way to get comments out of people.

2 Comments:

At 23/1/06 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you did it like a journal, for yourself, then any comments would just be icing on the cake.

But, I can't guess if that's worth $10 a month... Hmmmn, tough one.

 
At 24/1/06 1:13 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I have a journal for myself, the paper kind, which is definatly not blogging information :)

Yet, I hope my blog to somewhat be for myself--in terms of helping my writing, self-expression, and getting me to look at issues in the world and voice my thoughts on them--and also for the interactions with others.

Sometimes the comments are few or only on the funny posts, which is frustrating, but, for some reason, I am still here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home