Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Endings, beginnings, and renewals

Folks, my first year of seminary is offically over and I've been in Texas since Sunday... It's wonderful! I'm hanging out with my friend Jenn from college for the week--in the great city of Austin. We're heading up to Sherman for AC graduation at the end of the week to see Kara and Katie graduate from the teacher program. I'm real excited to be back in Texas and to see everyone again! Hopefully I don't die of heat cramps, heat exhaustion, heat stroke....you know, all the glorious plagues of a Texas summer. Working at camp will be wonderful though--if only they would call and tell me if I'm offically working there or not!

I guess I'm working backwards in terms of blogging content since I've missed for a few...

Sunday should have contained a link to this Mr. T video: Treat you mother right. It being Mother's Day and all. Snagged the link from Dave.

Saturday was a day of packing up all my stuff, moving some of it into storage in the basement of my hall, and putting most of it above my closet. Sorta looks like this... I remembered how much I hate packing my life up in a box at the end of every year, only to unpack it so that it can later be repacked. Josh is on to something here (and yes, the picture I linked to came from Josh's site). Joyful will be the day when I have my own place and can forget about packing up my life--at least for a few years.

Friday said hasta la vista to Church History and my first year at Princeton Seminary. It feels like I have survived more than finished. I think it was Matt who said that we need to receive something from the school upon the completion of our first year--a medal or ax of some sort. Wouldn't that be awesome...

With every ending there is a beginning and the chance for a fresh start.

Bring it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home