Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Pray for Scott

Please say a prayer for one of the Middlers here at PTS, Scott S. He has had a heart condition since he was younger and knew that he would have to have surgery when he was older. So, to that extent he knew the surgery was coming, but he didn't know it would be now. He was taken into surgery yesterday morning for what should be a routine procedure. As I understand it they found something else wrong with him. The latest update at lunch today was that after putting his heart back there is no brain activity and while they haven't given up on him, it is a very critical time. I have been in groups of people praying for Scott and seen groups of people praying for Scott and am amazed at how the community is responding to this. People are leaving for Pittsburgh at this moment to stay at the hospital. I say I am amazed, but, really, Scott has touched so many people's lives here that I'm not surprized by the support and love people are showing. I don't even know Scott that well, and I can understand what an impact he has had here. I met him briefly in the beginning of the summer and when he saw me again he remembered my name, one of the few that didn't need a few reminders before it stuck. In the few times I've been around him, I've felt accepted and welcomed into whatever group it was, just because he was there. A warm smile and a geniune heart. And now a heart and a body that are relying on the knowledge and steadiness of the doctors and the sovernty of God. I ask you to please lift Scott up in your prayers. As well as his family and friends who are feeling a variety of emotions at this time.

1 Comments:

At 10/8/04 6:01 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks Ellen and everyone else who is lifting Scott up in prayer. I haven't heard any more news, but I will let you know when I do. Thanks a bunch guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home