Monday, September 06, 2004

Texafied and Sigmafied

So, it's Monday and there is nothing to do for once. I'm not waking up at 5:30 am to make breakfast and do meal preps for the camp, I'm not waking up at 7 am to take vocab walks to study my Greek vocab words, I don't have class, there is nothing pressing for me to do! I can have a summer now! For a week at least. Too bad I'm in New Jeresy and it's pretty much Fall.... But FALL! How great is Fall! That is one of the things I didn't like about Texas, no fall, no real seasons. But it's a love hate relationship. I hate the weather, but I love it otherwise. Today in Princeton it is a beautiful day, about 73 outside. It's great. Have I mentioned before how much I love it here? New Jersey is still weird, but as long as I'm not driving anywhere it's ok.

So, I had my Texas flag raising ceremony last night. I finally hung up the 5"x3" flag that Janice bought me. I didn't really have time during Greek to decorate the room...all I had on the walls were Greek Paradigms--woohoo, watch out. I spent my evening trying not to kill myself while putting a chair on my chest of drawers and then on the bed so that I could reach the top of the ceiling to hang the flag--it changed locations a few times. I really thought I was going to have to tell you guys that I fell off my chair, that was on my bed wobbling around, and hit my head on the floor and knocked myself out. But instead, I sucessfully hung up the flag without falling, removed the chair from the bed, and (enfluenced by the fact that there was Energizer music on) proceed to jump around to Energizers. "Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on go play...Istanbul was Constantinople...Video killed the radio star..." Let me tell you how great jumping on the bed is. If you haven't jumped on the bed in a while, you should definatly do so. Right now. Why are you laughing and giving me weird looks? I'd play the Energizer music for ya, but, alas, I don't think you'd hear it all that well. I haven't heard any of the other Presbies talking about Energizers...maybe they think it's not proper to do Energizers in grad school. HA! Wonder what they would say about me now? muh ha ha... Maybe they don't even know what Energizers are....that would be horrible. I'm sure my brother Jacob would agree. Anyway, I would have blasted some Pat Green or other Texas Country music while hanging my TX flag, but everyone who told me they would made me a TX music cd has yet to do so!

I also decided that since I paid so much for all of my Sigma photos from past bid nights, that I was going to hang every one of them on my walls. So now I have all my wonderful Sigma sisters smiling back at me every day. And then there's the little brothers, sometimes smiling. :-) It makes me real happy and everyone is going to think I'm a bit obsessed with the Sigmas, but can you blame me? I am trying to plan a way to come down for Bid Night, but I'm not sure if I'll have the funding. If not, I will hopefully find a time and a way to come at some point this year. Hopefully... And, if anyone ever feels the need to come visit me here, that'd be great. Only 45 mins from the city, NYC.

Rhema, word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home