Thursday, August 19, 2004

What's all this for?

A friend once said her life is an open book...sorta feel like that myself sometimes, so why not write a song about it? Just finished this one actually... I'm excited because it sounds a bit different than most, if not all, of my other songs. It has a little faster feel to it than my usual. I would love to sing it for ya... Alas, my recording tools are on the family computer at home in Corpus--just sitting there not being used!! No, I'm not bitter... :-) OK, so, I hope you enjoy the song even if you don't know what it sounds like.


(tentative title)
What's all this for?--by Mary Blacklock


you say I don't know
who or what you are
maybe it's true
still you never seem to want
to enlighten me
the further I get from you
the closer I want to stay
fairy tales fill in the silence
now if only these conversations were real

and what is all this for?

perhaps to understand all those who've gone before
and why there are so many songs on love,
hope, pain, and desire

relizations a long time coming
given a chance or a rock the chance wins
everytime*
for there's always room for speculation

and what is all this for?

supposed to move on--but waiting
for what?
I only wish these conversations were real

and what is all this for?



*Refers to a line in the Caedmon's Call song, "Table for Two"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home