Thursday, December 09, 2004

A good Thursday

There were a whole bunch of these running around yesterday. ...It was Burt Reynolds Day on the PTS campus. Quite hilarious. Some of the guys have been growing their mustaches for a month so that they could all get together for a Burt picture. A group of girls were wearing shirts saying, "I love Burt". And, while I was looking for a picture of our hero to link to from the blog I ran across this humourous site The Church of Burt Reynolds. Need I say more?

Another great part of the day was receiving a package from one of my Great Aunts--she sent me a bunch of mistletoe from Texas! She said they sell for about $50 in this area so she sent some to me and my cousin Jimmy who is at Yale Law School. My side of third Brown had a midnight mistletoe ribbon tieing party last night. We now have a bunch of mistletoe hanging from doorways...asking for trouble? Maybe... ;)

And I skipped out of working the kiosk last night to talk with the Moderator of the 216th Presbyterian General Assembly, Rick Ufford-Chase. He spoke to us in chapel on Thursday morning about movement in the Church and I realized that I needed to talk to him. So when I found out he was meeting with students later that night I closed the kiosk and went. A short version of the results of the discussion: I think I will stay Presbyterian now. And if you've talked to me recently about the PC(USA) you'll know I was debating that. More on this later, I need lunch.

Rick Ufford-Chase has a blog as well U C: What I See.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home