Tuesday, December 21, 2004

On coming to Texas

In Newark airport
waiting to board
to leave behind New Jersey
a stop in Charlotte, NC
contines to Houston, TX

In Charlotte I'll board for Dallas, TX
this echos in my ears
"south bound 35...
let Texas fill my soul"

In my impatience
and impending foul mood
resulting from
the man at the desk
nothing more than rude

a smile begins
because of her

a little girl and her mom
"Can we go to Houston now?"
as she speaks I can feel her energy
"Maybe you should run around before we leave"
10 times
around the chairs

a laugh begins
because of her

the little girl
ran 10 times
or was 8
she counted 10 at any rate
and when she finished
she spoke my heart

"Now, let's go to Texas!"




I also thought this post was excellent. On Self-esteem and its relation to the ego. It's good to know there are others who have this struggle and are willing to own up to it. Thanks Dave.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home