Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tejas adventures

*Side note: I added the Dunotter picture right as we were fixin to eat dinner, so there was not much time for explaination. This was one of the castles we saw while in Scotland last January. One of my favorite because of the location. Kind of a random picture, but life's more fun that way.

**Another side note: I keep being interrupted by brothers...this is the 3rd? time to try and finish a real post. The only reason I am able to now, is because they are playing Babylon 5 CCG...

So, updates since the weekend leaving Princeton...

Friday December 17, 2001 is the date that the local Christian sorority at Austin College, Sigma Phi Chi, Sisters For Christ, was charted. I am a founding member for this sorority so it's pretty exciting to say that it's been around for 3 years now! I got to hang out with some of my sisters on the 17th since they were having a Charter Party near to the airport I flew to. It was great to see everyone--THANKS FOR STAYING TILL I FINALLY GOT THERE! Holly about killed me on the way there trying to make her car jump a curb...crazy chica. I got to stay at Brittany's house along with Jessica and Sarah which was a lot of fun. I miss those girls. It was good seeing everyone, and I am excited that I will be in Sherman for the Monday Bible Study om Jan. 3rd. If you guys can find me a guitar I'll lead some songs for ya if you want.

Saturday the 18th I rode to Austin with Sarah. This was a blessing because I got to hangout more with Sarah and not ride the bus home! Quicker, less expensive, and I had someone to talk to. Sarah dropped me off at Leah's and I hung with her for the weekend. Ate some good Tex-Mex on Sunday after church--first time in 6 months! Lord have mercy! SO GOOD! Although, I got sick afterwards and threw up...while Leah and I were playing games at Dave and Busters (it's Chucky Cheese for Adults bascially--play games and order from the bar if ya want). Made it to the toilet, just barely...I'll spare ya the details. Then played for a little while longer. but just felt bad. Threw up twice at her house later and slept the rest of the day. Bummer eh? SORRY LEAH! Steph and Jo came from Corpus to pick me up and we went home on Monday after lunch. Been chillin with the family since then.

Brothers are so weird. People wonder why I am not phased by some of the stunts the guys at school pull. Here are some excerpts of conversations since being home--if by conversation you mean shouting.


bro 1: Mary, you should try that pie
me: I am!
everyone at the table but dad and bro 1: (screaming) NO!!!
me: WHY?!
everyone: It's gross! Dad used imitation sugar substitute...
me courious now tastes a little piece--it's the nastiest pie ever so I say: UGH!! bro 1!!...(punching repeatedly)


bro 2: he put his finger in my ear
bro 4: it had gross stuff in it-yellow and green...maybe he picked his nose and then put it in there


bro 3: mary hairy, mary scary, mary starey larry, fairy


bro 5: I know there is something to say about this one too....stay tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home