Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Maybe not in this life, but surely the next...

I just thought I would clarify a few of the details about Scott. At the prayer vigil last night there seemed to be two different stories about Scott's condition. Some had heard that he had already died and others that he was still on life support, but had permanent brain damage. It's so sad to think that a routine heart surgury could turn so tragic. With the bike accident a few weeks ago his system couldn't handle the process. How fragile life is. Last night was a time of relization that Scott was in a time between life and death and that all we could offer him and his family and friends were prayers and songs.

Wednesday mornings at 10:15 we always have a worship service in the chapel. This is when the chaplian told us that Scott's family decided to pull him off life support at 10 this morning. So, I guess it's offical now. It's been a rough day around here. I am friends with alot of Scott's good friends and it hurts me to see them hurt, and it's sad to think that I won't be able to know him in this life. I guess that is something to remember...maybe not in this life, but surely in the next.

Scott's best friend was doing field work in South Africa and just heard about Scott this morning. The last I heard he was in an airport trying to get a last minute ticket to be here for the funeral on Saturday. We're trying to help him by donating money to come. Pray that he makes it here safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home