Friday, September 10, 2004

Colorblind

Colorblind
by Counting Crows

I am colorblind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready I am
Taffy stuck and tongue tied
Stutter shook and uptight
Pull me out from inside
I am ready I am fine
I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in
Pull me out from inside
I am folded and unfolded and unfolding
I am colorblind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready I am fine


It seems to me that the meaning of this song is kinda what you make. Today, it kinda explains how I feel about going out and meeting all the new people. Take last night for example. I was going stir crazy since I'd been in my room all day and I just really wanted to go a bar or something, but didn't know anyone to ask if they wanted to go. So, I'm walking around the downtown area trying to decide where in the world I should go where I might find people I knew. The last place I walked by I decided looked promising so I walk in. I soon notice that there are a few familer faces so things are good...until I also realized that there are a bunch of new people as well. I didn't want to meet new people, I just wanted a beer. Can't I get a beer without having to tell you my life story? You mean I have to tell yet one more person I am from TX, Corpus Christi, TX, I went to Austin College, it's in Sherman, which is N. of Dallas, so no, I don't know how life in Austin is. Sociology major. thinking of the dual degree program. 22 years old, straight from undergrad, no, i've been here all summer taking summer greek. can't i just sit somewhere else? I just want to relax some before classes start and not have to deal with cheery newcomers or even returning students. I've already done this once.

So, it's like the song.... "I am covered in skin, No one gets to come in" I feel like I am so reluctant for the whole process. I'm not a big fan of orientation crap and I just don't want to go through the shallow small talk again. Last night I was just so annoyed with even the conversation topics people choose after having been introduced. Can't we stop talking about ministry long enough to sit in the bar for a while? I just can't escape it seems. My eyes just glaze over because I think, "I don't wanna think about this stuff right now" They asked me what I thought about something they were talking about last night and I didn't have anything else to say other than, "I'm not thinking right now". And it was the truth.

I still think the business card idea would be best. Have all the information on it so I don't have to say it all the time. Or even a T-Shirt. HAHA... or as Jess just suggested, record the answers and play it for people who ask.

Oh, well, it's inevitable, so I guess I should try and not seem as annoyed with the process as I really am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home