Sunday, September 12, 2004

I could be rich like a wandering Gypsy...

So, I figured out what I'm doing for my birthday this year. Going to see The John Butler Trio on October 2, the day before my 23rd birthday, at a night club in PA! Now, I just need to recruit people to go with me. It shouldn't be that hard since JBT is incredible. I know the people here will be hooked once I let them listen to some of JBT's music. What an awesome Birthday that will be. I'm already excited.

Almost as excited as the day I found out that Powderfinger was going to play at SXSW....almost or equally excited...possibly more excited, but how can one really gauge that... They are both incredible bands. I love Aussie music.

(the title for this post is from "Zebra"-
The John Butler Trio)

I also found this on the front page of the JBT website:

"JBT SIGNED IN THE US - WHAT YOU WANT EP TO FOLLOW
The John Butler Trio have recently signed with Lava Records, an imprint of Warners music, In USA for territories outside of Australia and New Zealand. Warners has recently become a music only label being wholly owned by a consortium of private investors in USA.
This decision took a long time in the making, over 2 years in fact, and eventually John chose to go with a label that fully appreciated him for who he is and the music he makes, and who are into a grass roots approach, and a long journey. We have guaranteed artistic control over all aspects and feel very optimistic about our future relationship with Lava."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home