Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year, Texas style

Happy New Year!

It's 2005...

What better way to bring in the New Year than hanging out with friends you haven't seen in 6 months! Shiner is a plus as well. :) I'm back up in North Texas, Almost Oklahoma, left South Texas, almost Almost Mexico, spent a few days in Central Texas, the Hill Country. There's a song there, I know it...it's waiting, and soon it will bust through. Spent my days traveling the Highways of Texas, the Farm to Market Roads, the Ranch Roads, the Mail Route roads. Letting Texas fill my soul.

Yesterday, I was walking around the camp I've gone to and worked at for many years; trying to soak up every aspect of nature. I've noticed that when I am at camp, I slow down. I leave behind my fast paced walk and stroll along. I try and take in every thing around me. From the flowing creek, which means there must have been a rain recently, to the tall grasses all laying flat on the ground, which means the river must have flooded recently. I put my feet in the river, cold now without the summer heat, longing to jump right in. I look up and see the rolling clouds which block the sun, and stand there captivated, wishing the night before had not been so cloudy so that I could have stood looking up at the stars. I kick around the water in Blue Hole, looking at the remains of the recent flooding as manifest in the waterfall, and long to jump in. Climbing up around the top of Blue Hole works just as well. Everybody needs a little hill country. Having the staff party on the 30th worked out well since I was heading to S-Town that day anyway. It was good to break the trip up a little, plus I got to see camp people and chill at JKR.

I'm hanging out in S-Town with my friend Katie till the 4th. I'm real excited. I miss seeing my Katie friend!

This is the last post till I'm back in Princeton, and then after that I can't blog till after finals and papers are finished. I have way too much to do when I get back...I don't even want to think about it. I should be studying while Katie is at work... Alright then kids, I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home