Monday, September 13, 2004

And you're a blogger because?

I have often wondered about the very questions raised in this entry: Three Kinds of Blog Entries. I go back and forth about how I feel leaving my journal thoughts, my "personal drivel" as you will, online for the world to read. Some days I think no one besides my friends would read it anyway since who but them would really care about my registration stories, or struggles with adjusting to a new state and grad school. Other days I think, "Man, someone could so stalk me, it's not even funny."

So why do I do the online journal/blog? Mainly it's because I feel it's one of the only ways to keep my friends informed about my life, being that we're all so busy and have different schedules, and live across the country from one another. It's also a place to vent or tell stories to whoever listens. Who does listen? Who even reads this thing? Are you here because you clicked the link I gave you or because you're flipping through blogs? Do you read the post or decide that my random ramblings aren't worth your time? What's the point of my personal drivel? It's an attempt at me being honest. Something I think the world needs more of. Honest people. Too bad we're all afraid of being honest because of how that information could be used against us. Or maybe it's that we are honest and no one appreciates it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home